Youth Art/Craft & Photography Competitions
2019 Official Rules & General Information
1. Competition entries will be accepted on Friday, September 6, from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
at the Opera House, 100 North Side Square, Kennett, Missouri.
There will be a fast entry table for complete paperwork.
2. Entrants must be in grade 12 and under.
There will be two age categories for judging: grade 9-12; and 8th grade and under.
3. Non-refundable entry fee of $1.00 per entry is due when entries are submitted.
Make checks payable to KAFTA.
4. The maximum number of entries is limited to a total of five (5) in any combination, but no more than two (2) in any one category, of the following categories:
PAINTINGS [oils, watercolors, acrylics, tempera, mixed media painting]
DRAWINGS [chalk, charcoal, pen & ink, graphite, colored pencil, conte crayon, pastels]
GRAPHIC ARTS [computer (or digital) art, collage, printmaking, typography]
3-DIMENSIONAL ART [ceramics, fiber, sculpture]
PHOTOGRAPHY [black & white, color]*
*Digital enhancements must be limited to moderate adjustments to exposure, saturation, contrast, curves, levels, etc. Layering of two or more photos is not allowed.
5. Fall Into Arts committee reserves the right to reject entries deemed unsuitable for this competition.
6. Participants may enter original work created within the last three years. Photographs must have been taken by exhibitor.
7. All entries must be framed or matted and ready for hanging. Minimum photo size 8x10.
8. Care must be taken by the contestant to ensure the paint is dry, or in the case of chalk, pastel or charcoal entries, they must be sprayed with fixative. The Festival Staff will handle each entry with care, but will not be responsible for any damage that occurs under any circumstance.
9. Entries will be on display Saturday, Sept. 7, 10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. at the Opera House. Entries should be picked up between 4:30-5:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 7.
10. A total of $1000 in prize money will be awarded. Prizes awarded on discretion of the judges.
AWARDS PER CATEGORY
Best of Show: $100
[two BOS awards are selected from all first place
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Libby Mobley at 573.757.5325; or at www.kafta.org. If needed, school art teachers may contact Libby for a more convenient entry receiving.
Click the above button to take you to the online Youth Art/Craft & Photo Competition registration form.
First Place: $40
Second Place: $30
Third Place: $20
8th Grade & Under:
First Place: $25
Second Place: $15
Third Place: $10