Youth Art/Craft & Photography Competitions
2019 Official Rules & General Information
Competition entries will be accepted at the Kennett Opera House on the Downtown Square on
Friday, September 6th from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (or by special arrangement) in the following five  categories:
PAINTINGS [oils, watercolors, and acrylics]
GRAPHIC ARTS [pen & ink, pencil, pastels, conte crayon, graphic design]
BLACK & WHITE
The maximum number of entries is limited to a total of five  in any combination, but no more than two  in any one category. The Committee in charge of accepting entries reserves the right to reject any entries deemed unsuitable for this competition. A total of $900.00 in prize money will be awarded. See AWARDS below.
2. Any media may be used to complete the entry, but care must be taken by the contestant to ensure the paint is dry, or in the case of chalk, pastel, or charcoal entries, they must be sprayed with fixative. The Festival Staff will handle each entry with care, but will not be reponsible for any damage that occurs under any circumstance.
3. Participants may enter original work created within the last three  years. Photographs must have been taken by the exhibitor.
4. Artists must be in grade 12 and under. There will be two age categories for judging: grade 9-12: and 8th grade and under.
5. Entries will be on display Saturday, Sept. 7th, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. at the Kennett Opera House. Entries must be picked up from 4:30 - 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, September 7th.
6. All entries must be framed or matted and ready for hanging, including a wire or hook.
7. Overall size (including matting and outside dimensions of frame: 26"x30").
Minimum photo size: 8"x10"
Maximum photo size: 16"x20"
8. A non-refundable entry fee of $1 per work of art is due when entries are submitted. Make checks payable to KAFTA.
If you have any questions or concerns,
please contact Libby Mobley at 573.888.1764 or 573.757.5325;
[one in each category]
First Place- 9th-12th grades: $40
Second Place- 9th-12th grades: $30
Third Place- 9th-12th grades: $20
First Place- 8th grade & under: $25
Second Place- 8th grade & under: $15
Third Place- 8th grade & under: $10
Best of Show: $100
[two BOS awards are selected from all first place
Click the above button to take you to the online Youth Art/Craft & Photo Competition registration form.