Youth Art/Craft & Photography Competitions
2013 Official Rules & General Information
1. Competition entries will be accepted at the First Presbyterian Church Activity Center
located at 226 N. Main Street on Friday, August 30, from 3 pm - 6 pm and Saturday, August 31,
from 10 am - 1:00 pm in the following six  categories:
PAINTINGS [oils, watercolors, and acrylics]
GRAPHIC ARTS [pen & ink, pencil, pastels, conte crayon, computer art]
BLACK & WHITE
The maximum number of entries is limited to a total of five  in any combination, but no more than two  in any one category. The Committee in charge of accepting entries reserves the right to reject any entries deemed unsuitable for this competition. A total of $800.00 in prize money will be awarded. See AWARDS below.
2. All entries must have been created by the competitor within the last three  years. Photographs must have been taken by the exhibitor.
3. Artists must be under 18 years of age.
4. Entries will be on display Saturday, Sept. 7, 11 am - 7:00 pm; Sunday, Sept. 8, 12 - 5 pm at the Kennett Opera House. Entries should be left until 3 pm on Sunday, Sep 8 and must be picked up NO LATER THAN 5 pm on Sunday, Sep 8.
5. All entries must be framed or matted and ready for hanging.
6. Overall size (including matting and outside dimensions of frame: 26"x30").
Minimum photo size: 8"x10"
Maximum photo size: 16"x20"
7. Competitors need to provide labels large enough to cover any studio names or signatures. These labels need to display the following information:
ON THE FRONT: title only [please limit to 5 words if possible] and the year art was created
ON THE BACK OF SAME LABEL: title, year created, name, price or NFS (not for sale)
The front of the label will be used during judging and turned around after judging to display all of the competitors information.
8. Entry fee is $5 per work of art, due when entries are submitted. Make checks payable to KAFTA. Entry fees are non-refundable.
If you have any questions or concerns,
please call Libby at 573.888.1764 or 573.757.5325; email@example.com.
[one in each category]
First Place: $50
Second Place: $30
Third Place: $20
Best of Show: $100
[two BOS awards are selected from all first place
winners and given in addition to same]
Click the above button to take you to the online Youth Art/Craft & Photo Competition registration form.